Monday, January 17, 2011

Where have you been?

...here, there and everywhere! :)
It has been way too long since I posted ... and certainly WAY too long since I've been able to create!

I have an absolutely wonderful husband who kindly purchases fun supplies for me and encourages my creative fun! He mentioned recently that I like to get things, but don't do much with them. :( I wish I had all the time in the world to "play", but since I don't I'm going to make the most of the 'buckets of time' that I do have (I'll have to tell my 'buckets of time' story one day.)

Here are 2 cards that I did using the Sweet Stop sketch challenge from last Tuesday.

The first one, I made with bits I've had in my scrap stash. The challenge is to include dry embossing. This is a dry embossed project I made last summer when preparing for a class at SCRAP THAT. It sat patiently in a small stack of such pieces until it was needed. I love, LOVE red and yellow together, and these paper flowers are just too fun!

This second one is for the Crazy 4 Cocoa Challenge Blog, and of course, features the adorable, infamous "Cocoa Mouse"! :) This challenge was to something from the kitchen! Since I only have 2 Cocoa images so far, I used my coffee cup guy. However, there is an ADORABLE Cocoa with a chef's hat ... that's next on my list. I used the Sweet Stop sketch above as a springboard, only changing a couple of small features.

FUN, FUN, FUN!

4 comments:

  1. wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along at Crazy4Cocoa Challenges this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so great, but I love what you've done with Cocoa in the 2nd! I love how you colored him, and those papers and ribbons are so colorful and fun! Thanks for playing along with the Cocoa crazies this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these cards.I love the first card you did with the flowers...so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, both cards are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete