Saturday, April 3, 2010

Patter Cross Scripture Challenge: My notebook

Ok... I said that I would post photos when I finished the cover of the spiral scrapbook that will be holding my Patter Cross Scripture Challenge pages, so here it is.


I started with this pale yellow spiral bound scrapbook that was given to me YEARS ago. It has sat all this time, sadly unused, longing for a PURPOSE in life! I am always hesitant to start a spiral book, because you are "BOUND" (pun intended :) to the order once you set it in. For this project, it is PERFECT, since Patter sends out the word-for-study every other week, it calls to be put in order by default! YEAH! :) Sprial-bound put to good use!

I love the base color of this notebook, and it has this really cute yellow daisy in the center. I wanted to decorate it really colorful to match Patter's blinkie for the challenge, so I used some MME Confetti cardstock, which comes in these wonderful fun colors! I used a few scrap pieces from class leftovers, so I covered the seams with a matching turquoise grosgrain ribbon. I attached the paper and ribbons using my new Xyron :) with permanent adhesive, so I don't think it's gonna come off anytime in THIS century! (It's great for a cover!)

-Used a few pink buttons here and there, a green BoBunny flower with a button center,and a couple of various gems and such. I also attached a "file label" inside the daisy window, with my "signature". :)
Then I HAD to print Patter's pretty blinkie to add to the bottom right of the cover, finishing it off just perfectly!


It came together so well! And I love how the notebook stands so nicely, to display my scripture layouts! - a nice, easy (inexpensive) display.

:) Can't wait to do my next page!

3 comments:

  1. A really beautiful notebook really like how you incorporated Patters button too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful! And I love how you cut out the blinkie for the cover. Very cool! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete