Monday, January 31, 2011

CONFIDENCE {Sweet Stop & 2011 Patter Cross Scripture Challenge}

Patter Cross posted the new word for the 2011 ABC Scripture Challenge yesterday, and I thought I'd use the Sweet Stop sketch from Saturday to do it! :)



The word Patter posted is Confidence.

I knew immediately that I wanted to use Jeremiah 17 for my scripture!



I love the imagery in this verse. One who trusts in the Lord, it tells us, will be like a tree planted by the water, sending out its roots for nourishment. This tree has no fear or worries of drought or heat because all of its needs are provided by this stream. Its leaves are always green and fruitful, not dry, brittle or frail. This tree never fails to bear fruit.

I want to be this tree! My confidence must be in the Giver and Sustainer of life!!

I love this wonderful die cut and DP from My Mind's Eye. I'm lovin the blues and browns! I have used a handful of these dies on cards in the past, also in connection with this verse. Such a good blessing and reminder of why we trust in the Lord. It's His work, not our own.

Blessed be the name of the Lord. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, just LOVE this page. Love the colors, the verse, the cardboard, everything. Just beautiful. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue and brown does look good and a great scripture to use. I too would like to be like that tree... grow in my confidence in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Your colour combo is wonderful and the scripture image is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful! I love the colors and the entire design!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the picture of the tree and using the imagery from the verse on your page is wonderful! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this page is beautiful from the scripture to the colours!

    ReplyDelete